Amid serenity and exotic tranquility lies the island of Bimini referred by many as «The Gateway to the Bahamas». Just 48 Nautical Miles from South Florida, Resorts World Bimini, Resort & Casino is the perfect tropical getaway for those with a passion for fishing or those who love to escape the routine and experience the best of Mother Nature.
Anyone familiar with the breathtaking emerald clear waters of the Bahamas knows the true treasures are the Bahamas Out Islands. We invite you to escape the stresses of life and visit this paradise located on the northern tip of the island of North Bimini.
Avid anglers and boaters already know Bimini as the Bonefishing Capital of the World and have been visiting the island for many years. With the advent of Resorts World Bimini Resorts & Casino, the island is emerging as the newest upscale getaway for those seeking laid-back, casual luxury.
Become an owner and feel totally pampered by the «beachy chic» décor of the luxury suites and villas accommodations, perfect for a relaxing getaway, whether a weekend retreat or longer stay. We know you will become a frequent guest.
Resorts World Bimini was designed with Bahamian-style architecture in the typical pastel colors found throughout the Caribbean. All accommodations feature cool granite and tile throughout, rattan, shell and coral accents and a full kitchen. A friendly neighborhood ambience caters to all types of guests, especially families with children.
- For Sale: $1,500,000 · MLS# A10612116
- Fully funrnished (Some items excluded, check with your realtor)
- Area: A/C 2,817 SF (261.7 SM) · Terraces: 1,435 SF (133.3 SM) · Total: 4,252 SF (395 SM)
- Private Dock w/Services for vessel up to 80 ft
- 4 bedrooms · 3.5 baths · Covered front porch · Foyer · Great Room · Storage Room
- 3 x Covered terraces · pool w/sundeck and exterior access to bathroom
- Laundry Room with Washer & Dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen with Stylish Cabinets, Granite countertops, Full backsplash, Refrigerator, w/ice maker, Microwave oven, Dishwasher, Oven, Flat cooktop and Garbage Disposal
- Built according to the latest south Florida building codes
- Steel reinforced cinder block concrete construction with exterior stucco walls
- Wind/Impact Resistant Windows and Doors
- Island style windows wood panels
- Ceramic-Tile floors
- Bathroom with stylish Cabinets, granite countertops and marble flooring
- Central High-Efficiency Heating & Air Conditioning Units
- Pre-wired for Fans, Telephone & TV Outlets
- Located in the North part of North Bimini
- Private Entrance with 24 hour security
- Golf cart community
- 740 acres of private open space
- Self-sustain island with electrical, water, internet, cable and phone systems
- Ocean-front infinity-edge pool, «Aqua» Grill and poolside cabana
- Bay-front Mega-Yacht marina with pool, Bar, Grill and «Sabor» restaurant
- Bahamas largest marina
- Two championship tennis and Bocce ball courts
- Children Playground
- Fitness Center
- Business Center and Wireless Internet
- Pristine beaches with non-motorized water-sports
- Future developments: Golf Course and Hotel
- Venue for weddings and events
- Only 374 condominiums, villas and single family homes
- Lush Tropical Landscape in Common Areas
- Decorative Street Lighting & Underground Utilities
- Fisherman’s Village Marina can accommodate up to 134 boats up to 128 feet
- Mega Yacht Marina can accommodate 96 boats up to 203 feet
- Location: 25-42-6 N/ 79-18-6 W, on the North end of North Bimini
- Available by Radio on VHF 16
- Concrete floating docks
- Controlling depth at Bimini is 12 feet mlw
- Weigh-in station
- Restrooms with showers
- Dock master’s office
- Bait and Tackle Shop, Ice
- On site customs and immigration
- 24-hour security
- Tie-up and Dock assistance for transfer of luggage and supplies
- Single- and three- phase power
- Daily trash pick-up
- Optional Wi-Fi service
- Reservations are accepted
- Rental includes use of Island Club Amenities
- Welcome Center
- Business Center
- Small events venue
- «Healing Hole», Bar
- «Amicci’s», Pizzeria & Gelateria (Segafredo Franchise)
- «Splash», designer boutique
- «Onda», island wear boutique
- «John Bull», Gifts & Jewelry Store
- «Beach Bums», Children activity center with Kitchen, PCs,video-games stations, TV, Ping Pong, Ice Hockey and Soccer tables
- Bait and Tackle shop
- Scuba diving and tours shop
- «Sue & Joys», Convenience market & Liquor store
- Golf-cart rental and sales
- Lost City of Atlantis (Bimini Road): In 1968 the discovery of huge limestone blocks off the coast of North Bimini led many to believe that this was once an undersea road to the Lost City of Atlantis. Many divers have examined this half-mile stretch of neatly aligned relics, and everyone seems to have an opinion of what this may be. We suggest you should decide for yourself, it is near the North-West shore in only 20 feet of water
- Fountain of Youth: Ponce de León was thought to have stopped in Bimini during his search for this mythical fountain in 1513. Bahamians believe he heard about the fountain from Caribe Indians in Puerto Rico
- East Bimini: Here you would find secluded beaches, the famous Shark Mound, Bonefish Hole, Healing Hole and several bone-fishing flats
- Big Game Fishing
- Coral Reef Diving and Snorkeling
- Parasailing and Kayaking
- Visit the Former site of The Compleat Angler Hotel (notable for its association with Ernest Hemingway)
- Visit SS Sapona Shipwreck
- Swim with Dolphins
- Drive through Town and eat their famous bread and conch salad
- Have a drink and dance with the locals at Big John
- Bimini Bay, Amicci’s, Excellent coffee, sandwiches, pizza and ice cream
- Bimini Bay, Aqua Grill, Casual Eating and Drinking by the Infinity Pool
- Bimini Bay, Sabor Restaurant, Superb breakfast and Fine Dining
- Alice Town, Stuarts Conch Salad
- Bailey Town, J & T’s Daily Bread
- Bimini Bread, Emrils
- Gulf Stream at the Big Game Resort
Once you own a property in Bimini Bay you can participate in the Rental Program which allows you to occupy your home up to 90 days of the year. Additionally you can contact Bimini Bay 48 hours in advanced and if the unit is not reserved, you are welcome to use your home. The split is 60% the owner, 40% Bimini Bay. Furniture packages are available separately and are required if your home will be in the rental program.
Investors and owners of residences valued at $500,000 or more may apply for permanent residency.
The Bahamas has no income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax or sales taxes. The only exception is the Stamp Duty on the purchase of real estate. If you are not included in the rental program at Bimini Bay, there is a Property Tax as follows: first $250K is tax-exempt, from $250K to $500K is taxed at 0.75%, above $500K is taxed at 1%. (Taxes are based on market value of the property). The maximum annual tax shall not exceed $35K.
Bimini Bay Resort has partnered with a number of banks that may finance up to 80% of the purchase price for US citizens and 70% for foreign nationals
- The name Bimini is derived from the Taino words Bibi «Mother» and Mini «Waters», meaning Mother of Many Waters
- Geography: North Bimini is ~7.5 miles long and 720 feet wide, South Bimini is ~ 4 miles wide by 1 mile height
- Bimini is the closest Bahamian island to the US just 48 miles from Miami and 137 miles West-North-West from Nassau
- Coordinates: 25° 41.23 N, 79° 18.68 W
- Population: 1,600
- Area: 9 square miles
- Cities/Settlements: North Bimini: Bailey Town and Alice Town connected by the King’s Highway, South Bimini: Port Royale
- Temperatures: Air, 68-86°F during the day and 62-70°F during the night. Water, from 73°F in February to 82°F in August
- Transportation: Airplane: 30 minutes, Boats: 1 hour and 30 minutes and Helicopter: 30 minutes. Bimini’s Airport (IATA: BIM, ICAO: MYBS) is located in South Bimini; connection to North Bimini is by Ferry
Resorts World Bimini Superfast is a 32,000 tons German-built cruise ship. It has 180 cabins in three categories — inside and outside 100-square-foot cabins and deluxe staterooms of 150 to 180 square feet The ship, which can cruise at up to 30 knots with up to 1,500 passengers, has six restaurants, bars, slot machines, a sports book and table games such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette and craps. The ship takes just over two hours to dock in Bimini in their daily day-gaming trips.
A 10,000 Sq Ft water-front, live-action casino that features popular tables games with competitive table limits including Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps and Roulette, more than one hundred slot machines, a high-limit private gaming salon and a Sports Book. With floor to ceiling windows, it is the first casino in the world to have panoramic water views, and has a full indoor-outdoor restaurant that sits directly on the Mega Yacht Marina. Guests can essentially sail right up to the casino doors. The casino operates Mondays to Thursdays from noon to 4 AM and 24 hours from Fridays to Sundays. Slots machines are available 24 Hours a day.
Bahamas Customs and Immigration officers are available 9 am to 5 pm weekdays. Officers are on call during holidays and weekends. There is no overtime charge.
To enter Bimini, citizens from countries other than the U.S. and Canada require a passport that must be valid for six months beyond the dates of travel and/or a valid Bahamas Visa. You must also possess a return or onward journey ticket and proof of funds to support the visit. Arriving by Air: Just fill upon arrival an immigration card. There is a $15 departure tax per person. Arriving by Sea: Visiting boaters must clear Customs and Immigration at the nearest designated Port of Entry. As you enter port, fly the yellow quarantine flag and notify Customs of your arrival. Only the captain is permitted to leave the boat until the vessel has been cleared. There is a $150 flat fee to clear Customs and Immigration for boats 35″ and under and $300 for boats 36″ and over. This will cover a vessel with up to four persons. Included in this fee are the cruising and fishing permits, Customs and Immigration charges and the $15 Departure Tax per person. Each additional person will be charged $15. Maximum length of stay is 12 months.
Customs and Immigration will come to your vessel. Everyone on board must fill an immigration card. Firearms (serials, brands and ammunition count) must be declare with Customs and must be under lock and key at all times. Firearms can not be taken inland unless you obtain a permit from the Bahamian police ahead of time.